Name: Girish Arvind Shenvi Malkarnenkar Date of Birth: 9th January 1989
Permanent/Mailing Address: Email: email@example.com
Flat No: I-3, First Floor (North Block) Cell: 91-9739016242
Ashadh Housing Complex
Goa India 403601
Currently: Working in the Secure Enterprise Search team as a Software Engineer at Server Technologies, Oracle India Private Limited, Bangalore since July 2010.
1) (BITSC 331) Computer Project I: Studied & implemented a robust automatic speech recognition system (Speech to text conversion) in presence of noise by using Hidden Markov Models for pattern recognition by using C and Perl to modify the HTK kit.
2) (BITSC 335) Computer Project II: Designed a restricted vocabulary speech synthesis system in MATLAB to give an idea of the constraints involved in speech synthesis.
3) (CSC 419) Special Project: Implemented an
automatic cartoon generator and animator which accepts a digital image as input
and produces a caricature and further animates the output using OpenGL/Java.
Programming Languages: C, Java, Python, Perl, PL/SQL
Other skills: MATLAB,
Verilog HDL, VRML, Dreamweaver
Practice School-1 station & project:
Dlink India Limited, Goa (http://www.dlink.co.in/)
I worked in the R&D department on a project which dealt with configuration & implementation of a Version Control System on the Dlink computer network and also an analysis of network security and vulnerabilities. Areas involved: CVS, network security-vulnerabilities and exploitation
Practice School-2 station & project:
INSEAD Business School, Fontainebleau, France
I worked with Prof. Hilke Plassmann in the Marketing Department in INSEAD. My work involved creation of a website and designing psychological experiments in Eprime as well as scripting in Matlab and VBA for data analysis.
Areas involved: Neuro-economics, MATLAB, E-Prime, SPM, Joomla
Other Projects undertaken:
1) Audio-Visual speech synthesis: I did a project on the production of an animated talking head at the Technical University, Berlin from May 2009-August 2009 under the German Academic Exchange program in which the end result was the conversion of the input text into a video of the speaker with facial feature synchronization using Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML) and Perl.
2) Design of an interactive website for
the Department of Journalism and Media Affairs-DOJMA at BITS Pilani-Goa Campus
Participation in extra-curricular activities:
Passions & Hobbies:
I am a voracious reader and an avid cyclist. My other hobbies include running long distances, playing foosball, swimming and participating in quizzes. I have won many state-level quizzes and I was also the captain of my school and higher secondary quiz team. I have also participated in various essay writing and debate/elocution competitions. I like learning new languages and I know French and German apart from various local Indian languages. I have also successfully cleared the all India elementary and intermediate grade drawing examinations and have completed a certification in computer speed keyboarding.
Professional Referees with email-id and contact details
1) Dr. Lucy Gudino, (Assistant Professor)
Computer Science and Information Systems Group, BITS Pilani, K.K. Birla Goa Campus
Tel No: 08322580425
2) Dr. Sascha Fagel,
(Formerly)Visiting Scientist, Technische Universitat Berlin
(Currently) working at zoobe message entertainment GmbH
3) Dr. Hilke Plassmann, (Assistant Professor)
Marketing Department, INSEAD Business School (Fontainebleau Campus)